- My Rating: [C+], I gave it a (4 of 5) on Ratebeer.com
Wolf Vine Wet Hopped Pale Ale – Hoyne Brewing Company, 5.3% ABV, 650 ml., (Victoria, BC, Canada) (*local BC craft beer*)info
- Style: Wet Hop Pale Ale
- Taste: Lawn grassy cucumber chamomile floral barley malt rough aftertaste
- Where I got it : Liquor Barn / Vancouver
- How much: $7.25 CAD (after 10% off) – 650 ml., December 2015
- Do I love this enough to drink it again: no
- Would I recommend this to beer aficionados: nahhhhh
Visual: Pours mostly clear deep copper with minute bits of sediment, 1cm head and 1mm retention, singular slow streams.
Nose: grassy lawn, light honey. (lvl-2)-intensity
Attack: thin crisp, soft CO2
Mid-palate: background cucumber-mint grassy-plastic hop oils, (lvl-3-sweetness), bright metallic honey barley malt
Finish: chamomile-osmanthus herbal tea rough aftertaste
Summary: Quite a big grassy-floral flavour; it reminds me of chamomile tea – somewhat incongruent with their barley malt base. The overall impression isn’t that good, especially considering I had the [A] rated Driftwood Sartori Wet Hop IPA yesterday.