- My Rating: [B-], I gave it a (3.4 of 5) on Ratebeer.com
Keremeos Pear Apple Wine 2007 – The Fort Wine Company, 11.0% ABV, 375 ml., (Fort Langley, BC, Canada) (*local BC fruit wine*)
on the back label:
“The Similkameen Valley has long been a source of exceptional quality apples and pears. From this harvest, our winery produces a series of inspired fruit-based wines that are bound to surprise, and even astonish.”
- Style: (Pear-Apple) Fruit Wine
- Taste: Firm crisp interesting fruity apple tangy acidity pear exhale slight woody
- Where I got it : Liquor Depot / N. Bby
- How much: $10 CAD – 375 ml., sometime in 2009
- Do I love this enough to drink it again: no
- Would I recommend this to fruit wine aficionados: surprisingly unique
Visual: (cellared for 9 years). Synthetic cork. Pours clear pale yellow with a slight orange hue, clear as water.
Nose: filtered sweet apple juice with a bit more tang-acidity. (lvl-6)-pungency
Mid-palate: (lvl-5-sweetness), clean red apple, crisp TANGY, FIRM BITE, juicy apple acidity-mild alcoholic, tad a watery
Finish: light-medium tartness, fruity pear exhale, residual light woody apple fruitiness
Summary: Apple and pear are a natural combo and it’s done well here – very interesting and bold tanginess backup up by a rounded fruitness. Slightly thin-short but solid.