- My Rating: [B-], I gave it a (3.4 of 5) on Ratebeer.com
Cidre Fermier Brut (NV) – Manoir de Grandouet (Stéphanie & Lucile GRANDVAL), 5% ABV, 75 cl., (Grandouet, France)
- Style: Apple Cider
- Taste: Cedar woody pear apple juice tangy white grape slightly rough
- Where I got it : Legacy Liquor / Vancouver
- How much: $11 (after 10% off) – 75 cl., October 2012
- Do I love this enough to drink it again: no
- Would I recommend this to cider aficionados: yes, good woody
Visual: Real cork, twisty steel cap. Pours translucent deep dirty yellow with a dissipating soda head, suspended micro sediment, singular fast streams.
Nose: very woody, farty-mild funk’d, tangy apple juice. (lvl-5)-pungency
Attack: tingly-soft fizzy
Mid-palate: pear juice, wet cedar woodiness, bright short (lvl-5-sweetness), white grape, light tangy
Finish: residual apple juice sugars, mild woody exhale, off-dry slightly palate rough finish.
Summary: This has a very aromatic cedar woodiness, along with a pleasantly fruity pear-apple-white grape taste going on. Quite interesting and just the type of cider I like, although the finish is slightly palate rough.