- My Rating: [B-], I gave it a (3.4 of 5) on Ratebeer.com
Rest Easy Dry Pear Hard Cider – Naramata Cider Company (@Elephant Island Winery), 6% ABV, 750 ml., (Naramata, BC, Canada) (*local BC craft cider*)
on the back label:
“This tantalizingly dry cider was produced with only the finest locally grown pears. JUST PEARS. The hard work is done. Shrug off your pack, kick back and REST EASY.”
- Style: (dry) Pear Cider
- Taste: Natural-tasting tangy/sour white wine pear-muscat
- Where I got it : Bottle Jockey / N. Bby
- How much: $15 (after 7.5% off) – 750 ml., September 2015
- Do I love this enough to drink it again: no
- Would I recommend this to cider aficionados: yes, quite different from local BC ciders
Visual: Hefty bottle, quality cap. Pours clear straw yellow with very lively dissipating head, very active large CO clusters and singular champagne streams.
Nose: juicy muscat, white wine tangy acidic. (lvl-5)-pungency
Attack: crisp, BIG-fizzy CO2
Mid-palate: yeasty tangy-sour, half-bright juicy pear-muscat, (lvl-1-sweetness), pear peel
Finish: burpy, residual sour acidity, dry fruity
Summary: Big full mouthfeel and a solid pear-muscat body. You can be confident of the inherent quality by the weight of the bottle and the vigor the CO2 pour. Quite drinkable, not terribly complex but worth my $$$.