- My Rating: [B-], I gave it a (3.4 of 5) on Ratebeer.com
Cardena Quad Barrel Aged (6 months in Jack Daniels Barrels) – Townsite Brewing Inc., 10.5% ABV – 30 IBU, 500 ml., (Powell River, BC, Canada) (*local BC craft brew*)
- Style: Abt/Quadrupel
- Taste: Thick heavy whiskey-laced molasses barley malt
- Where I got it : High Point / Vancouver
- How much: $12.45 (after 15% off) – 500 ml., February 2016
- Do I love this enough to drink it again: no
- Would I recommend this to beer aficionados: no
Visual: Pours dirty muddy brown with with a dissipating very small head, ringed retention w/o island, a few bubbles here and there.
Nose: boozy molasses barley malt (lvl-5)-pungency
Attack: thick-soft slick, light tingly, tangy-soft sour
Mid-palate: molasses-brown sugar, plum-woody, alcoholic heavy thick barley malts, (lvl-7-sweetness)
Finish: light whiskey, manageable alcoholic heat, residual big sweet malts.
Summary: Decent flavour, but pretty heavy and cloying halfway through. It doesn’t quite have the mouthfeel or roundness to keep it cool – too straight and brusque.