- My Rating: [C+], I gave it a (2.8 of 5) on Ratebeer.com
Longfin Lager- Ballast Point Brewing Company, 4.5% ABV, 12 fl.oz., (San Diego, California, USA)
- Style: Helles Lager
- Taste: Crystal clean sweet lager barley malt slight tang
- Where I got it : Legacy Liquor / Vancouver
- How much: $3.40 (after 5% off) – 12 fl.oz., November 2015
- Do I love this enough to drink it again: yes
- Would I recommend this to beer aficionados: nah
Visual: Pours light golden straw yellow with a small dissipating head, a thin layer of retention, singular steady streams.
Nose: soft farty, sweet lager malt. (lvl-3)-pungency
Attack: crisp, smooth tingly/light fizzy CO2
Mid-palate: (lvl-4-sweetness), crystal clean sweet lagered barley malt, soft bready, background subtle citrus
Finish: lingering sweet barley, subtle hops
Summary: Clean, sweet and straightforward with a pretty good crisp mouthfeel. Okay body but I guess this as good as a lager can get. Good quality, but not really memorable. It’d be nice with a meal.