- My Rating: [B-], I gave it a (3.4 of 5) on Ratebeer.com
Soul Style IPA – Green Flash Brewing Company, 6.5% ABV – 75 IBU, 12 fl. oz., (San Diego, California, USA)
on the front-right label:
“Our brewers rip-creating huge and complex double and triple IPAs at the pinnacle of craft beer enlightenment. Soul Style IPA is their effortless and pure manifestation of the single IPA. Simcoe, Citra and Cascade hops are layered, allowing bright tropical waves of flavorful citrus and floral notes to break gently on the palate. Get stoked on a laid back single and ride the wave to soothe your soul.” Best by 23 APR 16
- Style: India Pale Ale
- Taste: Even balanced sweet malt/citrus hop/light grassy oil medium sharp bitter hops
- Where I got it : Bottle Jockey / N.Bby
- How much: $3.50 (after 12.5% off) – 12 fl.oz., March 2016
- Do I love this enough to drink it again: no
- Would I recommend this to beer aficionados: not in my top 5
Visual: Pours clear light copper orange with a medium lasting head, 1mm retention, lots of singular steady micro streams.
Nose: tangerine-mild peach hop oils, background malts.(lvl-5)-pungency
Attack: crisp, smooth fine CO2, immediate soft bitter
Mid-palate: (lvl-5-sweetness), sweet barley malt, bright tangerine citrus hops
Finish: resiny-grassy, medium sharp long lingering bitter grapefruit hopped finish.
Summary: (mine had Best by 23 APR 16). A good even balance of malt and hops while showcasing a decent amount of tangerine brightness from the hops. The length and depth of the citrus aren’t particularly noteworthy however.