- My Rating: [B+], I gave it a (3.7 of 5) on Ratebeer.com
30th Street Pale Ale (APA) – Green Flash Brewing Company, 6.0% ABV – 45 IBU, 12 oz., (San Diego, California, USA)
on the front-right label:
“IPA on any other street
A hop-forward and locally inspired brew, this Pale Ale pays homage to San Diego’s craft beer corridor-30th Street. Uniquely floral and fruity notes from El Dorado, Cascade and Warrior hops mingle with a hint of crystal malt, to build the flavors presented in our legendary American Pale Ale. Well-bittered and dry hopped this longitme neighborhood favorite is bold enough to suit the discerning palates of hop heads in the land of sunshine and IPA.”
- Style: American Pale Ale
- Taste: Very bright clean tangerine-generic floral hop toasted barley malt dry resin-grassy hopped bitter
- Where I got it : Bottle Jockey / N. Burnaby
- How much: $3.60 (after 12.5% off) – 12 oz., March 2016
- Do I love this enough to drink it again: no
- Would I recommend this to beer aficionados: yes!
Visual: Pours barely translucent orange with a smallish head, a superfine layer of micro retention, suspended sediment, clustered steady streams alongside tight singulars.
Nose: citrusy floral hops, malty backbone. (lvl-6)-pungency
Attack: creamy-fine entry, very crisp bite
Mid-palate: more fluffy creaminess, very bright tangerine-metallic hop oils, (lvl-3-sweetness), toffee toasty barley malt
Finish: LONG length dry soft bitter resiny hops, dry grassy finish.
Summary: Supremely clean hop oils and an amazing creaminess to go along with it. A bright showcase of the hops – thumbs up for the consistent quality of Green Flash brews.