- My Rating: [B], I gave it a (3.4 of 5) on Ratebeer.com
187 on an Undercover Hop – Parallel 49 Brewing Company, 10.0% ABV, 650ml, (Vancouver, BC, Canada) (*local BC craft beer*)
on the front-left label:
“Another P49 joint, and we be rollin’ hard with this hop bomb. An imperial IPA with a grip of westcoast hop flavours so real that there ain’t no keepin’ nothing under deep cover. Other fools be trying to hide they colours, but we don’t stop cuz 1-8-7 on an undercover hop.”
Ingredients: pale and pilsner malts, chinook, simcoe, citra & mosaic hops, water & yeast.
- Style: Imperial IPA
- Taste: Heavy alcoholic mandarin orange toffee barley malt brown sugar resiny bitter hops
- Where I got it : High Point / Vancouver
- How much: $6.30 (after 15% off) – 650ml., February 2016
- Do I love this enough to drink it again: no
- Would I recommend this to beer aficionados: yep, good body
Visual: Pours clear luminescent orange without a significant lasting head, light sticky lacing, thick ringed retention with a large island, suspended sediment, singular micro streams.
Nose: bright citrusy hop oils, very inviting. (lvl-4)-pungency
Attack: thicker-half slick, smooth mouthfeel
Mid-palate: (lvl-6-sweetness), alcoholic heavy, toffee’d barley malt, mandarin orange, brown sugar
Finish: light nutty, bitter resiny hops.
Summary: Lots of weight and body in this one, the heavy alcohol is quite apparent and compounds with every sip. Good quality of brew.