- My Rating: [B-]
Serenity Cidre Blanco – Howling Moon Craft Cider, 9.5% ABV, 750ml, (Oliver, BC, Canada) (*local BC craft cider*)
the description from their website:
“Made with a blend of 50% Swiss sharp cider apples and 50% late-harvest old-growth Pinot Blanc grapes, this lightly effervescent sparkling cider exhibits notes of melon and apricot. With a beautiful bouquet and a long lasting finish, this well balanced sparkling cider, goes great with shellfish, other seafoods as well as other light salads and main courses.”
- Style: (flavoured – pinot blanc) Apple Cider
- Taste: White wine acidic crisp tart sour green apple off dry hint melon stealth alcholic
- Where I got it : Libations / Vancouver
- How much: $21.85 CAD (after 5% off) – 750ml., February 2016
- Do I love this enough to drink it again: no
- Would I recommend this to cider aficionados: yes, an interesting hybrid
Visual: Quality hefty bottle. Pours clear very pale light sunshine yellow with some fizzy activity, no head.
Nose: white wine musky, light red apple juice. (lvl-2)-pungency
Attack: bright white wine richness
Mid-palate: tingly CO2, green apple, background sour, tart crisp-airy acidic, (lvl-2-sweetness), alcoholic bitter
Finish: light notes of melon, residual white wine acidity
Summary: Lots of big textural mouthfeel in this one – crisp/sour/tart/acidic/alcoholic, coupled with a structured body – this one drinks fuller than your typical ‘made with apples only’ cider. The acidity compounds with each sip so this is better with a meal. Super stealth alcohol hit as well, be careful.