- My Rating: [B-], I gave it a (3.2 of 5) on Ratebeer.com
Puck The Beer Petite Saison – North Coast Brewing, 4% ABV, 12 oz., (Fort Bragg, California, USA)
description from ratebeer.com
“First brewed to celebrate our 25th anniversary, the beer now known as PUCK, a petite saison of just over 4% ABV, won a place in our hearts and in our year-round portfolio of beers. Brewed with premium Pils and wheat malts and fermented with the same yeast strain used to make our renowned Saison, Le Merle, Puck is sharp and spritzy with a delicious flowery, spicy dry-hop aroma—the perfect accompaniment to any celebration, big or small.”
- Style: (session) Saison
- Taste: Sessionable crisp mandarin orange grainy lager malt slight tart rough
- Where I got it : Legacy Liquor / Vancouver
- How much: $3.50 CAD (7.5% off) – 12 oz., September 2015
- Do I love this enoughto drink it again: no
- Would I recommend this to beer aficionados: sessionable and forgettable
Visual: Pours golden orange-yellow with no real lasting head, a thin hazy layer of retention, singular small bubble streams all around.
Nose: orange citrusy barley malt, notes of florals and honey. (lvl-3)-pungency
Attack: super crisp bite, thinner body entry
Mid-palate: (lvl-5-sweetness), mandarin orange, grainy lager malt, tingly-fizzy CO2, short sour tangy
Finish: light metallic pils malt, subtle bitter hops, mild wheat malt rough
Summary: Very nice execution of a 4% beer – good crisp drinkability with orangy malt flavour with just enough depth of body. A bit thin at the start but picks up in the mids and finishes with a gentle hop bitterness. Good quality but not exceptional.