- My Rating: [B-], I gave it a (3.3 of 5) on Ratebeer.com
Boxer Hard Root Beer – Minhas Craft Brewery, 5.5% ABV, 330 ml., (Monroe, Wisconsin, USA)
- Style: (flavoured – Root Beer) Spiced Beer
- Taste: Generic root beer vanilla nutmeg cane sugar heavy sweet heartburn
- Where I got it : BC Liquor Stores
- How much: $13.85 CAD – 6x330ml., April 2016
- Do I love this enough to drink it again: no
- Would I recommend this to beer aficionados: for root beer and soda lovers
Visual: 6pack of 330ml. Pours dark root beer brown with large soda CO2 bubbles clinging to the side of the glass, no head, clusters of active streams.
Nose: big artificial root beer soda, cane sugar (lvl-8)-pungency
Attack: thicker-slick mouthfeel, crisp burpy soda CO2
Mid-palate: (lvl-8-sweetness), cane sugar, artificial root beer flavouring, big nutmeg numbness,
Finish: molasses sweet, huge vanilla, mildly cloying, onset of heartburn.
Summary: The taste and mouthfeel is that of a soda instead of a beer, giving me a impression of a Barq’s/A&W/Mugs, mostly artificial (no wintergreen/sarsaparilla/sassafras). It does however taste rather good with the vanilla, molasses, cane sugar, and blend of other subtle spices. This is easy to kick back with a meal or just to quench your thirst. Warning though, it is sweet like a soda and may those who are prone to it heartburn. Much better than mixed vodka and root beer.