- My Rating: [B+], I gave it a (3.8 of 5) on Ratebeer.com
Espresso Stout (aka La Semeuse espresso stout) – Brasserie Trois Dames, 7.2% ABV, 33 cl., (Saint-Croix, Switzerland)
- Style: (flavoured – espresso) Stout
- Taste: Bright coffee fruity low roast sweet barley malt coffee exhale
- Where I got it : Brewery Creek / Vancouver
- How much: $6 CAD (10% off) – 375ml., April 2013
- Do I love this enough to drink it again: no
- Would I recommend this to beer aficionados: definitely a unique espresso stout
Visual: (cellared for 3 years). Pours ultra dark brown with a superfine micro layer of head, cascading waves of micro streams all around.
Nose: sweet medium roast nutty coffee, chocolate barley malt. (lvl-7)-pungency
Attack: NO2-like flatish, immediate coffee light sour
Mid-palate: cold brew-like coffee fruity, (lvl-5-sweetness), light roasted barley malt
Finish: root beer/cola malty, dark chocolate, coffee exhale, residual roasty bittersweet
Summary: This is a cool espresso stout – not at all what you might expect. Predominately bright with fruity coffee acidity, the roasted dark notes take a back seat in this surprisingly easy 7.2%. Great stuff.