- My Rating: [B+], I gave it a (3.7 of 5) on Ratebeer.com
Smoked Porter – Stone Brewing Company, 5.9% ABV, 750 ml., (San Diego, California, USA)
- Style: (smoked) Porter
- Taste: Deep roasted subtle smoky dark chocolate barley malt coffee bittersweet hops
- Where I got it : Bainbridge Liquor / Burnaby
- How much: $9.30 CAD (after 10% off) – 22 oz., February 2016
- Do I love this enough to drink it again: no
- Would I recommend this to beer aficionados: ’tis good
Visual: Pours dark walnut brown with a smallish dissipating head, thin ringed microfine retention, micro streams all around.
Nose: brown sugar barley malts, caramel. (lvl-6)-intensity
Mid-palate: roasted barley malt with underlying coffee sourness, dark chocolate, (lvl-5-sweetness),
Finish: bitter roast, bitter hops,
Summary: The complexity is certainly there and the flavour transitions are seamlessly smooth. Some smoke, but rather reserved and refined – Great balance and finesse.