- My Rating: [C+], I gave it a (3.1 of 5) on Ratebeer.com
Lux German-Style Helles Lager – Ninkasi Brewing Company, 5.0% ABV – 12 fl.oz., (Eugene, Oregon, USA)
on the back label:
“Illuminate your palate with this traditional German-style lager. Brewed with premium Pilsner malt and bittered with Hallertau hops, this Helles lager pours champagne in color. Bright, crisp and satisfying, enliven any occasion with Lux.”
- Style: Helles Lager
- Taste: Clean crisp sweet lager malt light tangy honey soft bitter hops
- Where I got it : BC Liquor Stores
- How much: $2.75 CAD (after 7.5% off) – 12 fl.oz., September 2015
- Do I love this enough to drink it again: no
- Would I recommend this to beer aficionados: I’ve had 2 and that’s enough
Visual: Pours light straw yellow, minimal head, thin ringed retention with a medium island, tight clusters of micro streams.
Nose: clean sweet lager malt, mild fart (lvl-3)-pungency
Attack: sharp crispy clean bite
Mid-palate: tingly CO2 mouthfeel, (lvl-3-sweetness), light density grainy pils malt, subtle honey tangy,
Finish: soft gentle bitter hops, lingering sweet barley malt finish.
Summary: Clean and crisp, a very drinkable lager with more depth than and body than the big brews. Not my favourite style but this one is nice and rounded.