- My Rating: [B-], I gave it a (4.1 of 5) on Ratebeer.com
Out of Your Gourd Pumpkin Porter (, 9.3% ABV, 22 oz., (Portland, Oregon, USA)
on the front label:
“A dark ale brewed with pumpkin, spices and maple syrup”
- Style: (flavoured – pumpkin, spices, maple syrup) Porter
- Taste: Sweet cinnamon/nutmeg/clove spiced maple syrup roasted barley malt
- Where I got it : Trader Joe’s / Seattle
- How much: $1.47 USD / $1.90 CAD – 12 oz., October 2015
- Do I love this enough to drink it again: no
- Would I recommend this to beer aficionados: quite good
Visual: Pours jet black with minimal head, dissipating ringed retention, singular stream surfacing.
Nose: caramelized roasted barley, cinnamon (lvl-6)-pungency
Attack: crisp, incoming sweetness
Mid-palate: light tingly, brown sugar roasted barley malt, (lvl-6-sweetness), prominent cinnamon/nutmeg
Finish: maple syrup, roasted malt exhale, very subtle ginger
Summary: Good body with plenty of roast and well-displayed spices, including the nice addition of maple syrup. It’s just a tad thin from the mids onward, but otherwise solid and enjoyable.