- My Rating: [C], I gave it a (2.4 of 5) on Ratebeer.com
Mala-Hop (Cider w/ triple-hop flavour) – Todd Creek Craft Cider Inc., 6% ABV, 500ml, (Victoria, BC, Canada) (*local BC craft cider*)
on the front-left label:
“This hard apple cider is perfect for beer-lovers and cider enthusiasts, feature a touch of tartness from Granny Smiths and three different hops delivering that distinct flavour and aroma loved by true hop-heads.”
- Style: (flavoured – maple syrup, hops) Apple Cider
- Taste: Flat entry prickly apple juice hints of grassy guava woody exhale
- Where I got it : Libations / Vancouver
- How much: $9.05 CAD (after 10% off) – 500ml., February 2016
- Do I love this enough to drink it again: no
- Would I recommend this to cider aficionados: nope
Visual: Pours pale straw light apple juice yellow with a slight shade of brown, no head, virtually no activity.
Nose: sweet sugary juicy apple cider with some woodiness. (lvl-5)-pungency
Attack: flat-dull entry
Mid-palate: (lvl-5-sweetness), prickly apple juice, perfumey, hints of guava, a touch of grassiness (hops?)
Finish: woody exhale, mild tartness
Summary: Hops? I thought someone said hops. If they were added I certainly can’t taste them. Mostly apple juice and some woodiness, not particularly exciting. The lack of CO2 mouthfeel was a downer. Can’t say I liked this one.