- My Rating: [C], I gave it a (2.7 of 5) on Ratebeer.com
Hors Série Berliner Weisse – Les Trois Mousquetaires, 3% ABV, 650ml, (Brossard, Quebec, Canada)
on the back label:
“This very sour german-inspired wheat ale can be served straight or with a dash of fruit syrup in the glass.”
- Style: Berliner Weisse
- Taste: Medium sour puckery tart light lemon curd coriander dry
- Where I got it : Bottle Jockey / N.Burnaby
- How much: $4.50 CAD (7.5% off) – 375ml., September 2015
- Do I love this enough to drink it again: no
- Would I recommend this to beer aficionados: too weaksauce
Visual: Pours clear light apple juice yellow (SRM=3), not much of a head, ringed retention with a medium island, several scattered singular streams.
Nose: sour pukey pineapple. (lvl-3)-pungency
Attack: immediate big puckery sour
Mid-palate: (lvl-2-sweetness), manageable pukey funk, acidic lemon juice
Finish: light-bodied/no carry, dry grainy wheat, pineapple exhale
Summary: Very sour half grainy-half lemon taste, the body fizzles out after the sourness dissipates. The taste is too thin for my liking, but I guess they did a decent job for a 3%’er. The taste buds barely broke a sweat, next please.