- My Rating: [B-], I gave it a (3.4 of 5) on Ratebeer.com
Albert 3 The Space Monkey (Universal Beer) – Le Trou Du Diable, 5.49% ABV, 600ml., (Shawinigan, Quebec, Canada)
on the back label:
“Albert is a brave beast who was launched into space by the Trou du Diable’s team in an avowed effort to conquer those palates perpetually searching for dry and hoppy beers. The data collected inside its pressurized cockpit indicate the presence of malty flavors, combined with a hint of light, but lasting bitterness. We are confident that, just like Albert, you will be blown away. Try it and get a taste of heaven!”
Ingredients: water, malted barley, malted rye, malted wheat, hops, yeast.
- Style: Belgian Ale
- Taste: Sour-tangy yeasty wheat malt intrusive funk trace banana-apricot lingering hops
- Where I got it : Legacy Liquor / Vancouver
- How much: $8.70 (after 5% off) – 600ml., May 2016
- Do I love this enough to drink it again: no
- Would I recommend this to beer aficionados: 50/50
Visual: (Their own bottle for their brewery, raised lettering and devil on the bottom, odd size 600ml). Heftier than average bottle cap. Pours cloudy yellow-orange with a massive super foamy lasting thick head, barley visible scattered bubbles.
Nose: yeasty wheat malt, apricot. (lvl-3)-pungency
Attack: huge crisp bite
Mid-palate: background sourness, wheat malt yeasty, (lvl-4-sweetness), funky banana-pineapple-apricot fruity
Finish: subtle lingering bitter hops, almost salty
Summary: Decently drinkable when chilled, the funk and hops start drying out as the beer warms. More funk than fruit, some grains in the mids.