- My Rating: [B]
Strawberry Wine (non-vintage) – Krause Berry Farms & Estate Winery, 11.5% ABV – 375 ml., (Langley, BC, Canada) (*local BC wine*)
- Style: (Strawberry) Fruit Wine
- Taste: Authentic bright strawberry juicy jammy tart and tangy acidic
- Where I got it : @Winery
- How much: $12 CAD – 375 ml., July 2016
- Do I love this enough to drink it again: no
- Would I recommend this to fruit wine aficionados: sure
Visual: Non-vintage. Pours squash orange, clear as water.
Nose: bright fruity tangy pressed strawberry juice with the puree intact – delicious. (lvl-10)-intensity
Attack: incoming bright red berry fruity
Mid-palate: sustained acidity, (lvl-3-sweetness), strawberry prickly tanginess, strawberry jam
Finish: light alcoholic heat, med-high tartness, lingering berry flavour.
Summary: Very easy drinking with good berry brightness and an engaging acidic tartness. You can really taste the essence of strawberries in this one; It’s much better than their apple wine I had yesterday [C].