- My Rating: [C], I gave it a (2.4 of 5) on Ratebeer.com
Apple Wine (non-vintage) – Krause Berry Farms & Estate Winery, 11.5% ABV – 375 ml., (Langley, BC, Canada) (*local BC wine*)
- Style: (Apple) Fruit Wine
- Taste: Basic watery green apple tangy sour acidity
- Where I got it : @Winery
- How much: $12 CAD – 375 ml., July 2016
- Do I love this enough to drink it again: no
- Would I recommend this to fruit wine aficionados: nah
Visual: Non-vintage. Pours very, very light straw yellow, crystal clear, a few micro bubbles along the perimeter.
Nose: acidic tangy filtered apple juice, hints of pear and white grape, a bit of alcohol (lvl-3)-intensity
Attack: watery-tangy entry
Mid-palate: bright acidity, green apple, (lvl-2-sweetness), medium sour tangy hit
Finish: hints of lime, green apple exhale
Summary: I starts out with a rather unimpressive thin entry, followed by only a basic green apple flavour and okay acidity. It didn’t strike me as particularly refined or complex, just apples juice, yeast and some fermentation. Skip it.