- My Rating: C-
Black Cherry Dessert Wine 2009 – Isabella Winery, 11% ABV – 375 ml., (Richmond, BC, Canada) (*local BC fruit wine*)
on the back label:
“This is a fun, chillable red wine that offers a hint of spice with just the right amount of sweetness. Ideal with cheesecake or tiramisu.”
- Style: (Fruit – Black Cherry) Dessert Wine
- Taste: Very sweet black cherry apple medium throat warmth cloying
- Where I got it : @Winery
- How much: $15 (after 15% off) – 375ml., January 2013
- Do I love this enough to drink it again: no
- Would I recommend this to dessert wine aficionados: nah
Visual: (cellared for 7 years), real cork intact. Pours rich deep blood red, a few micro bubbles along the perimeter.
Nose: dense syrupy/jammy sweet black cherry with some tanginess. (lvl-5)-pungency
Attack: sticky fruity dense
Mid-palate: (lvl-10-sweetness), black cherry-red apple hybrid, plum-dark fruit
Finish: residual wave of cloying sugars, throat warmth, mild throat soreness from the sugar
Summary: The first sip or two are very sweet, but after your palate becomes acclimated the fruit flavours emerge. Not that graceful nor balanced.