- My Rating: [B], I gave it a (3.6 of 5) on Ratebeer.com
Saison Dupont Vieille Provision – Brasserie Dupont, 6.5% ABV, 750 ml., (Tourpes, Belgium)
“Saison Dupont is a classic Belgian farmhouse ale. This is a beautifully balanced, complex beer that has a refreshing fruitiness and long, dry finish. It is bottled unfiltered so it may be cloudy or have a slight sediment but this is normal and perfectly natural.”
- Style: Saison
- Taste: Clean sweet grainy honey/floral/lemon barley malt banana wheat malt exhale
- Where I got it : BC Liquor Stores
- How much: $8.85 CAD – 750 ml., April 2016
- Do I love this enough to drink it again: no
- Would I recommend this to beer aficionados: sure
Visual: Corked with a twisty top. Pours golden yellow-orange with a very largy foamy head, 1cm long lasting retention, clusters of micro slow streams.
Nose: honey-floral-citrus sweet malt, yeasty and wheaty. (lvl-6)-intensity
Attack: super crisp
Mid-palate: airy-bloated CO2, (lvl-3-sweetness), grainy sweet lager barley malt, honey, light chamomile, lemony
Finish: banana wheat malt exhale, dry bittersweet hops
Summary: Easy and clean from start to finish. Solid without being excruciatingly complex.