- My Rating: B-
Fortified Cranberry fruit wine (Non-vintage) – Wellbrook Winery, 16% ABV – 375 ml., (Delta, BC, Canada) (*local BC fruit wine*)
- Style: (Fruit – Cranberry) Fortified Fruit Wine
- Taste: Eau-de-vie’d tangy tart cranberry/slight raspberry alcoholic
- Where I got it : @Winery
- How much: $19 (after 5% off) – 375ml., November 2014
- Do I love this enough to drink it again: no
- Would I recommend this to dessert wine aficionados:
Visual: Pours garnet red with noticeable legs, clear and slightly thicker viscosity.
Nose: red jolly rancher with cranberry tangy depth. (lvl-5)-pungency
Attack: thicker, oily-slick, detectable alcohol
Mid-palate: tangy cranberry-raspberry with depth, (lvl-7-sweetness) with slow alcoholic heat
Finish: berry eau-de-vie, medium tart, lingering heat, residual berry off-dry exhale
Summary: A much more dynamic and rewarding drinking experience than the Isabella Winery Cranberry Dessert Wine (C-) that I had a couple of days ago. It’s a bit alcoholic up front but the cranberry aromas tone it down and gradually release the heat. Quite sippable.