- My Rating: [A-], I gave it a (3.9 of 5) on Ratebeer.com
Black Currant (flavoured apple cider), 6.5% ABV, 16.9 oz., (Chimacum, Washington, USA)
On the front-left label:
“Fermented with a seasonal blend of heirloom organic Washington apples, with black currant juice and organic cane sugar.”
- Style: (flavoured – Black Currant juice, cane sugar) Apple Cider
- Taste: Interwoven tangy acidic semi-sweet black currant red/green apple woody smoky
- Where I got it : Brewery Creek / Vancouver
- How much: $18.15 CAD (after 10% off) – 16.9 oz., March 2016
- Do I love this enough to drink it again: no
- Would I recommend this to cider aficionados: yes
Visual: Batch #1150, hand numbered. Pours deep dark magenta without a head, micro bubbles around the perimeter, very tight clustered active micro streams.
Nose: tangy sour black currant accompanied by some woodiness. (lvl-6)-pungency
Attack: incoming dark fruitness, apple cider alcohol
Mid-palate: light fizzy-crisp & tart acidic bite, (lvl-4-sweetness), black currant deep berry, woody red + green apple background
Finish: medium tart, tangy acidic, residual black currant sugars and exhale, sticky gums
Summary: I’m hugely impressed at how interwoven the base black currant and apple flavours are in this brew – sometimes you taste tart green apple, and other times the woody-smoky black currant jumps out. Fantastic. Great body and depth.