- My Rating: [B+], I gave it a (3.7 of 5) on Ratebeer.com
Total Domination India Pale Ale – Ninkasi Brewing Company, 6.7% ABV – 65 IBU– 22 fl.oz., (Eugene, Oregon, USA)
On the front-right label:
“Multiple hops collide in balanced perfection, dominating the senses and achieving total satisfaction. From the Pacific Northwest, birthplace of the modern IPA, comes a beer whose name says it all.”
- Style: India Pale Ale
- Taste: Slick crisp sweet citrusy resin toffee barley malt bitter pine hopped smooth
- Where I got it : BC Liquor Stores
- How much: $5 CAD ($20 for 4-pack) – 22 fl.oz., November 2014
- Do I love this enough to drink it again: no
- Would I recommend this to beer aficionados: a quality IPA
Visual: Part of a 4-pack, mixed bombers. Pours translucent golden orange with a tiny head, a bit of lacing, loose clusters of active streams.
Nose: toasty toffee citrusy hopped malts. (lvl-7)-pungency
Attack: light slick/thicker viscosity, smooth-crisp entry
Mid-palate: slightly creamy, (lvl-6-sweetness), citrusy-biscuity-resin, toffee barley malt
Finish: med sharp pine bitter hops, lingering malts, mellow clean finish.
Summary: Smooth and well-bodied IPA with all around pleasant balanced flavours. IPAs of this caliber make me a fan of the style. Delicious creamy mouthfeel.