- My Rating: [C-]
Pride Cherry Bock – Pacific Western Brewing, 7% ABV, 750ml, (Prince George, BC, Canada) (*local BC craft beer)
- Style: (flavoured – Cherry) Bock
- Taste: Artificial maraschino cherry barley malt forward cloying medicinal
- Where I got it : Libations Liquor / Vancouver
- How much: $9.85 CAD (after 5% off) – 750ml., February 2016
- Do I love this enough to drink it again: no
- Would I recommend this to beer aficionados: you wouldn’t love it
Visual: Bailer-top resealable bottle. Pours clear deep orange with an insignificant head, thin layer of retention, soda-like CO2 activity.
Nose: artificial maraschino cherry sweet, background sweet malt. (lvl-6)-pungency
Attack: half-crisp, incoming sweet heavy malt
Mid-palate: jarred maraschino cherry juice, toffee heavy liquid barley malt, (lvl-7-sweetness)
Finish: medicinal cherry, cloying lingering bock maltiness
Summary: Very malt forward with artificial-tasting cherry. Flavours aren’t that agreeable – It’s like cough syrup and a heavy barley beverage. Pass.