- My Rating: [B], I gave it a (3.3 of 5) on Ratebeer.com
The Bunk House Dry Hopped Cider – Left Field Cider Co., 6.5% ABV, 500ml, (Logan Lake, BC, Canada) (*local BC craft cider*)
On the front-right label:
“…Our Bunkhouse cider is made by infusing our full juice cider with locally grown hops. The result… the perfect way to end a long day, start a good night or just unleash your inner cowboy.”
- Style: (flavoured – dry hopped) Apple Cider
- Taste: Tangy acidic crisp green apple floral nuanced light tart
- Where I got it : Brewery Creek / Vancouver
- How much: $9.75 CAD (after 10% off) – 500ml., March 2016
- Do I love this enough to drink it again: no
- Would I recommend this to cider aficionados: 50/50
Visual: Pours clear light straw yellow with no head, soda-like active CO2 streams, big bubbles clinging to the side of the glass.
Nose: tangy filtered apple juice. (lvl-4)-pungency
Attack: thicker viscosity, sharp crisp micro-tingly bite, background acidity
Mid-palate: soft sour-tangy, green apple, hints of elderflower, bright numbing acidity, (lvl-4-sweetness)
Finish: thickened throat saliva, green apple tartness, residual dissipating acidity.
Summary: Very good structure, pretty basic apple flavour but with subtle floral nuances. No real bitterness from the hops though.