- My Rating: [C+], I gave it a (3.2 of 5) on Ratebeer.com
Lemon Gin Saison (Seasonal) – Bridge Brewing, 5.5% ABV – 24 IBUs, 650ml., (North Vancouver, BC, Canada) (*local BC craft brew)
printed on the front-right label:
“Brewed with the addition of juniper berries, lemon peel, coriander, and pink peppercorns, and fermented with a French Saison yeast, this beer is unique and super drinkable. Juniper, used in moderation, emphasizes the gin flavours, while coriander adds depth and complexity. The Saison yeast used expresses peppery, spicy and citrusy notes, which play well with the lemon zest and pink peppercorn.”
- Style: (flavoured – juniper berry, lemon peel, coriander, pink peppercord) Saison
- Taste: Lemon citrusy tang soft banana wheat malt dry subtle hopped bitter
- Where I got it : Bottle Jockey / N.Bby
- How much: $7.65 (after 12.5% off) – 650ml., March 2016
- Do I love this enough to drink it again: no
- Would I recommend this to beer aficionados: doesn’t taste as advertised
Visual: Pours opaque golden orange with a massive, ultra-foamy lasting head, half sticky lacing, singular steady micro streams.
Nose: yeasty, mild fart, very mild pukey pineapple wheat malt. (lvl-4)-pungency
Attack: crisp bite, fine-fizzy
Mid-palate: juniper berry, tangy lemon citrus acidity, light sour funk, dry rough grainy wheat malt, (lvl-3-sweetness),
Finish: hint pink peppercorn/coriander exhale, stealth light bitter hops, residual tangy malt.
Summary: Not exactly bursting with bright lemon or juniper flavours, there is some lemony acidic tang, but the main taste is the wheat malt. Acceptable body and mouthfeel, I was just expecting more.