- My Rating: [B], I gave it a (3.5 of 5) on Ratebeer.com
Coastal Blue (Cider w/ Blueberries) – Todd Creek Craft Cider Inc., 6% ABV, 750ml, (Victoria, BC, Canada) (*local BC craft cider*)
on the front-left label:
“For a true West Coast flavour; Islanders love their ample fresh fruit every summer. We’re a little spoiled that way… and this cider celebrates being spoiled! This is not a sugary or sweet cider. Coastal Blue is a special blend of our craft cider and local blueberry juice sourced from the Island and the Lower Mainland. The blueberry juice adds a fabulous fruit flavour to the cider and is perfect of a hot summer day!”
- Style: (flavoured – blueberry juice, maple syrup) Apple Cider
- Taste: Tangy soft acidic very woody blueberry apple light smoky tart
- Where I got it : Libations / Vancouver
- How much: $16.70 CAD (after 10% off) – 750ml., February 2016
- Do I love this enough to drink it again: no
- Would I recommend this to cider aficionados: enjoyable 1x only
Visual: Glass bottle with a handle, unique. Pours magenta purple with no head, bubbles hugging the side of the glass, suspended micro sediment, micro bubbles here and there.
Nose: musky blueberry, applewood smoky, background apple cider. (lvl-7)-pungency
Attack: tangy-light crisp/half flat
Mid-palate: tangy acidity, (lvl-6-sweetness), blueberry juicy body, medium sour-dissipating, woody apple juice
Finish: light smoked wood exhale, mildly tart-sticky sugars
Summary: First and foremost, let me say it: I like wood! And there’s lots and lots of it in this one from start to finish. Authentic non-candied blueberry flavour. Wished for a bit more body, more CO2, and more punch this being only 6%.