- My Rating: [B], I gave it a (3.5 of 5) on Ratebeer.com
Vexillum Imperial IPA – Four Winds Brewing Co., 9% ABV, 650ml, (Delta, BC, Canada) (*local BC craft beer*)
on the front-left label:
“Vexillum, an ancient Imperial Roman symbol for strength and nobility. This insistently hoppy IPA reveals notes of Grapefruit and Melon while finishing bitter, yet affably balanced.”
- Style:Imperial IPA
- Taste: Full tangy tangerine sweet malt grapefruit/melon hop exhale
- Where I got it : traded with my brother
- How much: ~$9 CAD – 650ml., Sometime in 2015
- Do I love this enough to drink it again: no
- Would I recommend this to beer aficionados: 50/50
Visual: Pours golden orange with virtually no head, very thin hazy layer of retention, slow steady streams.
Nose: tangerine grassy hops, background alcohol. (lvl-5)-pungency
Attack: onset of heavy alcohol, micro half-creamy, mildly slick
Mid-palate: alcohol detection, tangerine hop oils, (lvl-6-sweetness), fruity-citrus malt, tangy
Finish: soft grapefruit bitter hops, lingering full maltiness, faint melon exhale
Summary: smooth-full tangy citrus malt, alcoholic but overall quite clean. Solid.