- My Rating: [B], I gave it a (3.4 of 5) on Ratebeer.com
Londen (Belgian-style English Porter) – Dageraad Brewing Inc., 7.0% ABV, 650ml., (Burnaby, BC, Canada) (*local BC craft beer*)
printed on the front-left label:
“Imagine an English porter. Now imagine a Belgian brewer reimagining an English porter. Now imagine a couple of Canadian brewers imagining how a Belgian brewer would reimagine an English porter. Combining the light roast and rich malt of an English porter with the fruity, spicy mystery of a Belgian fermentation, Londen is your new favourite beer this winter. Londen is refermented in the bottle, so pour with care to leave the yeast sediment in the bottle.”
- Style: Porter
- Taste: Crisp toasted brown sugar barley malt light root beer spices
- Where I got it : High Point / Vancouver
- How much: $7.55 CAD (after 15% off) – 650ml., February 2016
- Do I love this enough to drink it again: no
- Would I recommend this to beer aficionados: solid flavour
Visual: Pours slightly cloudy very dark brown with minimal head, island and ringed retention, lots of small bubble singular streams.
Nose: lightly carameled barley malt (lvl-4)-pungency
Attack: crisp, slightly slick thicker-milky
Mid-palate: background subdued tangy alcohol, toasted brown sugar (lvl-6-sweetness), root beer, caramel barley malt, light metallic
Finish: slight tangy, light sweet roast exhale, subtle bitter hops.
Summary: Big sweet balanced roasty malt body with some root beer spices, good potency whilst still retaining a nice drinkability. Great with beer snacks.