- My Rating: [B], I gave it a (3.5 of 5) on Ratebeer.com
Don de Dieu – Unibroue, 9% ABV, 330ml., (Chambly, Quebec, Canada)
-part of the 2015 Unibroue Summer mixed case of 12.
printed on the back label:
“Triple White Ale – The Don de Dieu in Tadoussac, June 3, 1608, under the command of Samuel de Champlain de Brouage, commissioned by the King of France to pursue the exploration of this vast and inhospitable land called America.”
- Style: (Triple White Ale) Belgian Strong Ale
- Taste: Crisp creamy full-bodied banana wheat malt pineapple alcoholic
- Where I got it : BC Liquor Stores
- How much: $25 for 12 mixed-pack– 12x330ml., June 2015
- Do I love this enough to drink it again: no
- Would I recommend this to beer aficionados: yep
Visual: Pours translucent marmalade orange with a decent sized micro-fine bubbly 1cm head w/ retention, clusters of active streams.
Nose: banana wheat malt-honey-chamomile (lvl-5)-pungency
Attack: crisp-micro bubbly,
Mid-palate: citrus tangy (lvl-5-sweetness), banana wheat malt, pineapple, chamomile-honey, alcohol zingy
Finish: wheat malt dry-rough, banana exhale.
Summary: Full on banana wheat malt and alcoholic. A bit astringent in the mids and finish but overall solid and enjoyable.