- My Rating: [B-], I gave it a (3.2 of 5) on Ratebeer.com
The Tradecraft Series Sour Ale with Blackberries (Blackberry Berliner Weisse) – Black Market Brewing Co., 3.8% ABV, 22oz., (Temecula, California, USA)
- Style: (flavoured – blackberry) Berliner Weisse
- Taste: Fruity blackberry puckery lactic acidic wheat malt rough sticky gums
- Where I got it : High Point, Vancouver
- How much: $9.70 CAD (after 10% off) – 22oz., February 2016
- Do I love this enough to drink it again: no
- Would I recommend this to beer aficionados: decent for the style
Visual: Pours opaque reddish brown with a small 2cm head, large island w/ ring retention, clusters of fast active micro streams.
Nose: full-on juicy tangy blackberry-blackcurrant. (lvl-6)-pungency
Attack: immediate sour tangy berry
Mid-palate: blackberry juice, puckery lactic acidic background, (lvl-3-sweetness), sustained body
Finish: blackcurrant exhale, residual fruity tartness, tart sticky gums, mildly astringent wheat malt grainy exhale.
Summary: Big fruity flavour, big sour-tangy-tart texture, mildly palate rough – overall very nice for such a low ABV beer.