- My Rating: [C+], I gave it a (2.9 of 5) on Ratebeer.com
Hopping Mad Cider Radler – Central City Brewers & Distillers., 4.2% ABV, 473ml., (Surrey, British Columbia, Canada) (*local BC craft cider*)
printed on the front-right of the can:
“Radler was created with beer & juice for bikers. We’ve now done it with cider!”
Ingredients: apple cider, sugar, grapefruit juice, potassium sorbate.
- Style: (flavoured – grapefruit juice) Apple cider
- Taste: Juicy bright sweet (60/40) yellow grapefruit/apple cider
- Where I got it : BC Liquor Stores
- How much: $3.45 CAD – 473ml., June 2016
- Do I love this enough to drink it again: no
- Would I recommend this to cider aficionados: more like a party drink
Visual: Pours opaque yellow grapefruit juice colour with lots of bubbles cliffhanging onto the glass. Steady streams surfacing.
Nose: filtered apple alcoholic cider, background grapefruit juice – no surprises. (lvl-6)-pungency
Attack: fizzy-tingly, bright fruity
Mid-palate: sweet apple cider, yellow grapefruit juicy tangy-tart, (lvl-6-sweetness)
Finish: light tart, light residual sugars, fleshy grapefruit exhale
Summary: Decent body and length with distinct yet well-integrated apple cider and grapefruit flavours. Easy-drinking but I wouldn’t want another.