- My Rating: [C+], I gave it a (3.0 of 5) on Ratebeer.com
Java the Hut Coffee Milk Stout – Fernie Brewing Co., 5% ABV, 650ml, (Fernie, BC, Canada) (*local BC craft beer*)
- Style: (flavoured – coffee) Stout
- Taste: Sweet dark roast barley malt dull coffee very light milk
- Where I got it : BC Liquor Stores
- How much: $5.40 – 650ml., March 2016
- Do I love this enough to drink it again: no
- Would I recommend this to beer aficionados: no
Visual: Pours jet black without a significant head, ringed micro retention, lots of active micro streams.
Nose: cola, dull roast coffee, ie not fresh roast. (lvl-5)-pungency
Attack: slick-thicker, soft-crisp
Mid-palate: background light sour, (lvl-4-sweetness), dark roasted barley malt, light milky
Finish: light burnt bitter, medium roasty coffee exhale, dark chocolate.
Summary: Okay dark stout notes, muddled coffee tones, not a whole lot of milky character. Forgettable, just average.