- My Rating: [C+]
Raven’s Moon Apple Raspberry Cider – Blue Moon Winery & Cider Worx, 9% ABV, 500ml., (Courtenay, BC, Canada)
on the back label:
“The night air brings a fresh, rich scent as the raven settles on a branch heavy with apples. Beneath the moon an apple thuds as it hits the ground. The Raven swoops down on black wings, tonight he feasts.
A dry artisan cider, crafted with a blend of BC heritage apples
What’s in the Worx you ask? Juice from freshly pressed heritage cider apples and wild blackberries, not from concentrate. No water or artificial flavours added.”
- Style: (flavoured – Raspberry) Apple Cider
- Taste: Big aggressive tart sour tangy raspberry juice mildly peaty
- Where I got it : High Point / Vancouver
- How much: $7.35 CAD (after 15% off) – 500ml, February 2016
- Do I love this enough to drink it again: no
- Would I recommend this to cider aficionados: nah
Visual: Pours clear deep raspberry juice red with no head, thin ringed retention, lively clusters of small CO2 streams.
Nose: filtered tart and sweet raspberry juice, background peaty. (lvl-5)-pungency
Attack: hugely tart-acidic crisp
Mid-palate: tangy sour raspberry juice, yeasty fizzy-tingly, (lvl-2-sweetness), peaty undertones, subtle background apple
Finish: saliva-inducing residual acidity, raspberry exhale
Summary: Big bold authentic raspberry taste, somewhat too basic but I was surprised by the noticeable smoky/peaty element in the background. Candyesque flavour after awhile.