- My Rating: [C+], I gave it a (3.0 of 5) on Ratebeer.com
Eau Bénite Triple – Unibroue, 7.7% ABV, 330ml., (Chambly, Quebec, Canada)
-part of the 2015 Unibroue Summer mixed case of 12.
printed on the back label:
“L’Eau Bénite is a golden ale with a slightly fruity taste and a light spicy aromatic flavour.”
- Style: (Abbey-style) Triple
- Taste: Sharp CO2 bite apple sweet banana wheat malt alcoholic soft clove unelegant
- Where I got it : BC Liquor Stores
- How much: $25 for 12 mixed-pack– 12x330ml., June 2015
- Do I love this enough to drink it again: no
- Would I recommend this to beer aficionados: get a tripel from Belgium
Visual: Pours translucent pale orange with a large dissipating head, 1 mm layer of micro retention and wet sticky lacing, spread out clustered streams.
Nose: unfiltered apple juice, banana wheat malt with a bit of yeastiness. (lvl-4)-pungency
Attack: crisp, mouthful of sharp tingly-fizzy CO2
Mid-palate: red apple juice, (lvl-8-sweetness), banana wheat malt, tangy alcoholic hit, background sweet barley malt
Finish: clove, subtle hopped bitterness, roughish finish
Summary: Mostly banana wheat malt dominant with aggressive alcoholic sweetness. Somewhat palate non-compliant in the mids. Overall it is unelegant.