- My Rating: [B-], I gave it a (3.4 of 5) on Ratebeer.com
Black Fox Organic Cider – Dunkertons Cider, 7% ABV, 500ml, (Pembridge, Herefordshire, UK)
on the back label:
“Dunkertons Cider Mill is set in the ancient parish of Pembridge, an area of farmland, woods and hedgerows, where medieval half timbered villages meet the stone market towns of Wales.
From earlier times, rural communities have told stories of fantastic and unusual creatures which have supposedly lived in their locality. The lush rolling countryside of North West Herefordshire is no exception. Here stories tell of an animal which has evaded capture by farm and huntsman alike: a Black Fox. The red fox has always existed, but the belief grew that there was a fox ‘as black as night, so that it might live in a man’s shadow and so never be seen’.
A favoured haunt of the BLACK FOX is ……………the Cider Orchard.”
- Style: (Organic) Apple Cider
- Taste: Big woody med acidity sweet apple juice vanilla mild white grape medium tart
- Where I got it : Legacy Liquor / Vancouver
- How much: $13 CAD (10% off) – 650ml., February 2012
- Do I love this enough to drink it again: no
- Would I recommend this to cider aficionados: yep, dig the woody
Visual: (cellared for 4 years). Pours almost golden orange, no head, small clusters of slow steady micro streams.
Nose: heavy wet woody yeasty apple wine, vanilla. (lvl-9)-pungency
Attack: crisp bite, incoming tangy
Mid-palate: tangy medium acidity, (lvl-6-sweetness), woody apple juice,
Finish: medium tart, woody exhale, vanilla, white grape
Summary: Big wood vanilla, solid taste and body, all around clean.