- My Rating: [C+]
Rekorderlig Passionfruit Cider – produced by Åbro Bryggeri, 4.5% ABV, 50cl., (Vimmerby, Sweden)
Ingredients: Carbonated water, pear- and apple wine, sugar, flavors, acid: citric acid, preservatives: potassium sorbate, sulphor dioxide, acidity regulator: sodium citrate, colour: caramel colouring.
- Style: (flavoured – passionfruit) Apple & Pear Cider
- Taste: Moscato d’asti white grape-pear partially cloying candylike
- Where I got it : BC Liquor Stores
- How much: $3.80 CAD – 50cl., April 2016
- Do I love this enough to drink it again: no
- Would I recommend this to cider aficionados: not really
Visual: Pours very light white wine yellow with only a few barely steady large bubble streams.
Nose: moscato without the acidity (lvl-5)-pungency
Attack: crisp-soda fizzy, burpy
Mid-palate: (lvl-7-sweetness), moscato d’asti-like grape/pear, dissipating cloying sugar hit, background apple,
Finish: artificial candy-like passionfruit, subtle alcohol bitterness
Summary: Drinks something like a Moscato d’asti but more sugar and less acidity. Quite basic, but enjoyable if you like sweet and fruity cider/frizzantes. No real depth.