- My Rating: [B-], I gave it a (3.4 of 5) on Ratebeer.com
Hors Serié Gose – Les Trois Mousquetaires, 3.8% ABV, 375 ml., (Brossard, Quebec, Canada)
on the back label:
“This unusual style is brewed with sour mash technique, with a slightly salted water and aromatised with coriander seeds.”
- Style: Gose
- Taste: Medium sour puckery tart light lemon curd coriander dry
- Where I got it : Bottle Jockey / N.Burnaby
- How much: $4.50 CAD (7.5% off) – 375ml., September 2015
- Do I love this enough to drink it again: no
- Would I recommend this to beer aficionados: 50/50
Visual: Pours almost clear pale orange (SRM=8), smallish 2mm dissipating micro head, spread out steady large bubble streams.
Nose: lemon curd, lemon perfume. (lvl-3)-pungency
Attack: crisp-incoming tart
Mid-palate: puckery-tart, lemon curd, (lvl-4-sweetness), light sweet wheat malt, a touch salty
Finish: tingly soft sour subdued mild funk, coriander dry finish.
Summary: Quite a bit of character for such a low ABV beer. Good balanced sour mouthfeel, decent tingly body.