- My Rating: [C], I gave it a (2.9 of 5) on Ratebeer.com
Raspberry Session Ale – Postmark Brewing, 4.7% ABV, 17 IBUs, 650ml, (Vancouver, BC, Canada) (*local BC craft beer*)
on the front-left label:
“A Bavarian style Weiss beer with notes of raspberry and hints of lemon zest that makes an appearance in the aroma and flavour.”
- Style: (flavoured – wheat, local BC raspberries) Fruit Ale
- Taste: Weakish wheat malt palate rough funk tangy dry
- Where I got it : BC Liquor Stores
- How much: $7.25 CAD – 650ml., February 2016
- Do I love this enough to drink it again: no
- Would I recommend this to beer aficionados: nah
Visual: Pours slightly translucent orange brown with a smallish lasting head, 1mm layer of retention, clusters of very active streams.
Nose: very supple pressed tangy raspberry juice. (lvl-7)-pungency
Attack: dry-tart / crisp
Mid-palate: banana wheat malt dry roughness, tingly-fizzy, (lvl-4-sweetness), tangy sour, mild funk, raspberry
Finish: soft tart, lingering grainy wheat malt raspberry exhale.
Summary: Simple and rather weak bodied compared to their Raspberry Lemon Zest Hefe [B]. Not enough punch in the mids and quite a bit of palate roughness.