- My Rating: [C], I gave it a (2.8 of 5) on Ratebeer.com
Corsa Rose Gold Ale (Gluten Free) – Ground Breaker Brewing, 5.5% ABV, 650 ml., (Portland, Oregon, USA)
on the front label:
“Fast. Fresh. Gluten-free Fuelled. Italian for race. Corsa is the perfect reward for après the track or the trail.
Rose Gold Ale, the first of its kind is an accomplished brew with a clean, crisp finish. Zero gluten and 500 hp of local ingredients from the Pacific Northwest.”
- Style: (flavoured – blackberry, brown rice, oats) Specialty Grain (GF)
- Taste: Off-balance blackberry thin-body astringent dry hopped bitter
- Where I got it : Libations Liquor / Vancouver
- How much: $9.60 CAD (after 5% off) – 650ml., February 2016
- Do I love this enough to drink it again: no
- Would I recommend this to GF beer aficionados: no
Visual: Gusher, beware. Pours clear light fuscia with a very large lasting foamy head, thick sticky lacing, clusters of fast streams all over.
Nose: blackberry, damp metallic, perfumy. (lvl-6)-pungency
Attack: crisp fizzy, incoming juicy berry-bitter
Mid-palate: candy plasticky, (lvl-5-sweetness), blackberry
Finish: blackberry exhale, sake-ricey dryness, astringent bitter hop finish.
Summary: Like an overly hopped bitter watery berry cider. Unfortunately the taste and off-balance bitter hops don’t really match the inviting fruity berry nose. Can’t say I particularly liked this one.