- My Rating: [B], I gave it a (3.5 of 5) on Ratebeer.com
Killer Red Fresh Hop India Red Ale, 7.3% ABV – 85 IBU, 1 pint 0.9 fl.oz., (Hood River, Oregon, USA)
on the front-left label:
“It’s harvest time again, which means just-picked hops from the Willamette Valley. Notes of apple, pine and orange dominate the intense flavor profile of killer red.”
- Style: (Red IPA) India Red Ale
- Taste: Solid citrusy toasted malt creamy light apple orange piney bitter hop dry dull finish
- Where I got it : Bottle Jockey / N. Burnaby
- How much: $6.40 CAD (after 12.5% off) – 1 pt. 0.9 fl.oz., November 2015
- Do I love this enough to drink it again: no
- Would I recommend this to beer aficionados: sure
Visual: Pours reddish brown with a nice 1.5cm dissipating head, sticky lacing, a thin layer of retention, lost of slow steady streams.
Nose: citrusy pine hops, toasted malt backdrop, light boozy (lvl-6)-pungency
Attack: creamy-fine, crisp
Mid-palate: (lvl-5-sweetness), more creamy CO2, sweet light toasty barley malt, apple, orangy hop oils
Finish: soft green grassy piney off-dry bitter hops, malty sweet finish.
Summary: Solid malty hoppy profile with a very nice creamy mouthfeel. It’s just a touch too dry on the finish for me.