- My Rating: [C-], I gave it a (2.4 of 5) on Ratebeer.com
Wheat Ale – Steamworks Brewing Company, 5% ABV – 8 IBU, 650 ml., (Vancouver, BC, Canada) (*local BC craft beer)
Ingredients: Pilsner, wheat, oats, mt hood hops, coriander, orange peel.
- Style: (flavoured – coriander, orange peel) Wheat Ale
- Taste: Thin/weak sweet barley malt light wheat rough finish
- Where I got it : Legacy Liquor / Vancouver
- How much: $6 CAD (after 10% off) – 650ml., September 2012
- Do I love this enough to drink it again: no
- Would I recommend this to beer aficionados: what?
Visual: (Cellared for 4 years). Pours clear pale orange with a small 1mm dissipating head, ringed retention and a hazy layer of micro bubbles, , lots of singular steady streams.
Nose: low sweetness filtered apple juice, lager barley malt. (lvl-3)-pungency
Attack: crisp bite
Mid-palate: tingly-fizzy, pils barley malt, red apple, (lvl-4-sweetness), background light wheat malt
Finish: wheat malt and coriander dry palate roughness, thin finish.
Summary: Crisp and clean, that’s about it. Thin-bodied, weak wheat malt profile, not much going on here to be honest. Disappointing.