- My Rating: [C+], I gave it a (3.1, upgraded from 2.8 of 5) on Ratebeer.com
Stowford Press Export Cider – Westons, 6% ABV, 500ml, (Herefordshire, England)
- Style: (sweet) Apple Cider
- Taste: Clean controlled sweet half apple/half woody
- Where I got it : ??
- How much: ?? – 500ml., ??
- Do I love this enough to drink it again: no
- Would I recommend this to cider aficionados: 50/50
(September 3, 2013 tasting)
Visual: clear bottle, sticker labels. Pours medium dark clear golden yellow with no head and some activity.
Nose: Very woody and tangy filtered apple juice
Attack: 4/10-sweetness, incoming tang
Mid-palate: (MAIN) dense red apple, very woody, tangy/acidic
Finish: off-dry, medium sourness, mild apple exhale finish.
Summary: It has a nice woody body. Straightforward, decent, mildly above average.
April 5, 2016 re-tasting:
Visual: Pours clear apple juice yellow with no head, no activity, just a few bubbles lounging on the surface.
Nose: tangy, very woody apple juice. (lvl-6)-pungency
Attack: slightly thicker viscosity, incoming fruity sugars
Mid-palate: tingly-fizzy, (lvl-6-sweetness), apple juice, big woodiness, tangy acidic bite
Finish: tingly-tart, sticky palate, apple-woody exhale
Summary: Pretty straightforward fruity apple with a very nice woody counterpart.