- My Rating: [B]
Raven’s Moon Apple Blackberry Cider – Blue Moon Winery & Cider Worx, 9% ABV, 500ml., (Courtenay, BC, Canada)
on the back label:
“The night air brings a fresh, rich scent as the raven settles on a branch heavy with apples. Beneath the moon an apple thuds as it hits the ground. The Raven swoops down on black wings, tonight he feasts.
Wild blackberries signal the end of summer on Vancouver Island. Our artisan cider is crafted from a blend of BC heritage cider apples and island wild blackberries picked straight off the bush and warm from the sun.
What’s in the Worx you ask? Juice from freshly pressed heritage cider apples and wild blackberries, not from concentrate. No water or artificial flavours added.”
- Style: (flavoured – Blackberry) Apple Cider
- Taste: Deep BLACKBERRY tart TANGY acidic medium sour apple backbone
- Where I got it : High Point / Vancouver
- How much: $7.55 CAD (after 15% off) – 500ml, February 2016
- Do I love this enough to drink it again: no
- Would I recommend this to cider aficionados: yes
Visual: Pours beet purple with no head, several slow and steady singular streams.
Nose: blackberry/fieldberry juice (lvl-4)-pungency
Attack: crisp-tart, incoming dark berry
Mid-palate: big tangy-zingy, juicy (lvl-6-sweetness), acidic crisp bite, dissipating sourness, apple backbone, deep blackberry
Finish: residual tart and tangy, berry exhale, a bit cloying
Summary: Huge authentic juicy blackberry flavour with a solid apple backbone. Very nice depth, good balanced textures.