- My Rating: [C+], I gave it a (3.1 of 5) on Ratebeer.com
The Last Strawberry (strawberry wit), 4.9% ABV – 8 IBU, 650 ml., (Richmond, BC, Canada) (*local BC craft beer)
-They’re finally opening up their own brewing facilities in Richmond after having contracted out their production to various breweries including Dead Frog Brewery in Aldergrove. Slated to be open to the public in mid-April 2016, be sure to check them out.
on the front-left label:
“A refreshing Belgian with fresh strawberries and sweetened with lactose. Delicately sweet and slightly tart.”
- Style: (flavoured – strawberry, lactose) Wheat Ale
- Taste: Banana wheat malt strawberry roughness tangy sour sweet light milky
- Where I got it : Liquor Barn / N. Burnaby
- How much: $6.30 CAD (after 10% off) – 650ml., October 2015
- Do I love this enough to drink it again: no
- Would I recommend this to beer aficionados: not too special
Visual: Unfiltered. Pours translucent marmalade orange without a significant head, ringed retention with islands, clusters of steady ultra-microstreams.
Nose: strawberry/mild banana puree, very light tangy-mostly fruity, traces of milky (lvl-5)-pungency
Mid-palate: banana wheat malt, strawberry syrup, wheat malt roughness, background tangy-(lvl-4-sweetness), light milky
Finish: lactose tangy sour, hints of pukey, dry banana wheat malt exhale.
Summary: Strawberry advertised, strawberry delivered – decent flavour, slightly thin from the mids to the finish, some roughness as well.