- My Rating: [C+], I gave it a (2.9 of 5) on Ratebeer.com
Les Saisonniers – Green Leaf Brewing Company, 5% ABV – 26 IBU, 650 ml., (North Vancouver, BC, Canada) (*local BC craft beer)
“Rose hips, coriander and lemon zest combine with Dupont yeast for a uniquely spicy and refreshing beer”
- Style: (flavoured – rose hips, coriander, lemon zest) Saison
- Taste: Medium aggressive pukey sour-tangy-puckery rosehip dry barley malt rough finish
- Where I got it : Liquor Barn / N. Burnaby
- How much: $7 CAD (after 10% off) – 650ml., October 2015
- Do I love this enough to drink it again: no
- Would I recommend this to beer aficionados: no
Visual: Bottle conditioned, pours pale light copper brown with a decent 1cm bubbly head, thick ringed retention, torrents of clustered CO2 streams.
Nose: soft tangy rosehip, soft citrusy malt. (lvl-4)-pungency
Attack: crisp, background sour-tart
Mid-palate: puckery sour-tangy pukiness, (lvl-4-sweetness), rosehip
Finish: grainy barley malt exhale, lemon zest, tart coriander dry roughness.
Summary: Semi-interesting flavours, decent body but not particularly liking the overly aggressive pukey sour nor the palate rough finish. Mildly interesting.