- My Rating: [C], I gave it a (2.8 of 5) on Ratebeer.com
Coffee Blonde – Spinnakers Brewpub, 4.5% ABV – 25 IBU, 650ml., (Victoria, BC, Canada) (*local BC craft beer)
-some info on cold brew coffee
on the front-right label:
“COFFEE BLONDE. A slightly different take on a beer and coffee, this beer starts with a crisp pilsner malt base and gets its roasty, chocolatey flavours from Fernwood coffee cold brew and Sirene cocoa husk. Add to that a nice creamy mouthfeel”
Ingredients: aquifer water, malted barley, Fernwood cold brew coffee, Sirene cocoa husk, hops, yeast.
- Style: (flavoured – Fernwood cold brew coffee) Blonde Ale
- Taste: Thick coffee roasted barley chocolate mild oyster exhale
- Where I got it : BC Liquor Stores
- How much: $6.70 CAD – 650ml., February 2016
- Do I love this enough to drink it again: no
- Would I recommend this to beer aficionados: nope
Visual: Pours golden yellow orange with a massive, forever-lasting huge foam-bubbly head, thick retention, clusters of very active streams – beautiful sight.
Nose: pukey sour coffee acidity – background lager malt (lvl-6)-pungency
Attack: super sharp crisp bite
Mid-palate: fizzy-creamy, grainy pils barley malt, (lvl-3-sweetness), nutty cocoa
Finish: cold brew soft coffee w/o bitterness, lingering sweet barley malt
Summary: Crisp, smooth and drinkable but not terribly complex or deep. An interesting twist to a would be boring blonde, but still rather weak in body.